Ali Awad is a Senior Associate in the Banking & Finance practice in Dubai.
Ali Awad is a Syrian national, having joined Al Tamimi & Company in 2002. He has extensive experience in the area of banking and finance, having acted mainly for the setting up of banks and different types of financial institutions regulated by the UAE Central Bank and the Securities and Commodities Authority.
Since joining Al Tamimi & Company, Ali has been involved in all areas of the banking and finance department, including:
- Setting up commercial and wholesale banks, and different types of financial institutions
- General banking and regulatory advisory
- Security creations and enforcement of securities
- Legislations and restructuring
- Advising on the areas of private banking, capital markets, licensing and regulatory matters.
- Advising on financial business restructuring and especially the regulatory side
- Advising on financial business activities, suitable licensing structure and suitability
- Advising on setting up local and licensing foreign funds and financial products
- Participating in advising and assisting financial institutions in their litigation cases
- Setting up Noor Bank
- Setting up Ajman Bank
- Setting up Al Mal Capital
- Advising and assisting on the acquisition of RAK Insurance by RAK Bank
- Advising and assisting in drafting number of financial regulations
2016 – General Law
1995 – Islamic Law
2016 – Registered with Legal Department of Dubai Ruler’s Court