Ala’a focuses on all aspects of IP, including trademarks, copyrights and commercial names and licenses.
Ala’a has extensive experience working and following up the registration of various IP applications, such as patent and trademarks before the local Ministries such as the Ministry of Industry and Trade. His experience extends to preparing, managing, and advising on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious IP work and drafting licence and assignments documents, within IP/Trade Mark Management. Ala’a frequently assists international clients on matters with the various customs departments in Jordan.
He also provides corporate and business law advice to clients to enhance their practices in Jordan, including monitoring the administration and drafting of different company by-laws, employees systems, financial systems and advising on company restructure works.
Further, Ala’a boasts experience in advising on Free Zone areas in Jordan, in particular its applications, which include the establishment of Private Free Zones.
- Various litigation cases in the High Court of Justice for a number of high profile clients such as Mubadala and Caterpillar.
- Various work regarding IP for clients such as Range Rover and Wal- Mart, among a few.
- Assisting Monster Energy, Al Gurair and MBC on opposition and cancelation cases with the Trademark Registrar.
- Proceedings with criminal actions in respect of product infringement for clients such as HITATCHI and Samsung.
- Leading criminal actions in relation to product infringement for clients such as Samsung, Caterpillar and Panasonic.
- Advising in copyright law and cybercrime law for clients such as Motion Picture Association of America and OSN.
2009 – LLM Masters in Commercial Law, University of Derby
2004 – B.A. Law, University of Al-Asra
2007 – Jordanian Bar Association