Ahmed is qualified to practice in Egypt and has a good experience in litigation and arbitration matters. Ahmed built his experience working on complex issues of litigation spanning the industrial and commercial spectrum before Egyptian courts. He acted for and against major corporations in litigations before civil, criminal economic and administrative courts of Egypt.
In addition to his litigation experience, Ahmed is well versed in the arbitration and arbitration related court procedures. He represented clients in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations and in annulment and enforcement proceedings of foreign and domestic arbitral awards as well as enforcement procedures of Egyptian courts’ judgments.
- Acting for CBC in annulment proceedings before the Cairo Court of Appeal of an EGP 100 million arbitral award rendered in an arbitration case between CBC and an Egyptian Satirist.
- Acting for Top Gear in annulment proceedings before the Cairo Court of Appeal of a multimillion Egyptian Pounds arbitral award rendered in an arbitration case between Top Gear and Geely.
- Acting for a major Egyptian contractor in multimillion Egyptian Pounds arbitration with respect to breaches of a subcontract.
- Acting against a major Egyptian contractor in a dispute before Alexandria Court of First Instance for the evacuation of a land plot in possession of the contractor.
- Acting against the Egyptian Ministry of Investment in multiple cases before the Conseil d’État for issuing decisions permitting a major contractor’s use of a private property.
- Acting against a major Egyptian developer in multimillion claims for compensation before Alexandria Court of First Instance.
- Defending a tourism company in a multimillion civil claim for compensation for wrongful death in an air-balloon accident.
- Defending L’Oreal Egypt in a dispute with the Social Security Authority involving both criminal and civil proceedings.
- Acting for The Egyptian Company for Mobile Services (Mobinil) in several cases before Cairo Economic Court concerning alleged violation of the Capital Market Law.
- Acting for El Guezira Construction and Engineering, in a misdemeanour lawsuit filed before 6 of October First Instance Court.
- Acting for El Guezira Construction and Engineering, in a lawsuit relating to a dispute arising out of a contract for sale and construction of a villa.
- Acting for British Petroleum in a lawsuit filed before Rashid First instance Court.
- Representing L’Oreal in a labour case before North Cairo First Instance Court.
- Assisting the Chairman of the Arbitral Tribunal in a multimillion Egyptian Pounds arbitration proceedings involving an advertising agency and a well known TV satellite channel under the rules of CRCICA and governed by Egyptian Law.
- Acting for a major developer in settlement negotiations of arbitral and criminal disputes related to the breach and termination of a lease agreement.
2010 – L.L.B., Ain Shams University
2011 – Practice in Egypt