Ahmad joined Al Tamimi & Co. in 2011 and since that he is practicing in the field of Intellectual property, IT, media, transactional contracts and IP litigations.
Ahmad proved himself as a high performing and effective lawyer in the field of IP. Ahmad known to be a good IP litigator, enforcement lawyer and problem solver. His work in the area of anti-counterfeiting is impressive, servicing clients across sectors from mobile phones, luxury fashion, industrial tools, chocolate confectionery, FMCG, skin care and many others. Due to his high communication skills, Ahmad regularly train Government enforcement officers on IP.
With over 10 years of experience in the Middle East region, exposed to all different aspects of IP issues and worked on massive number of trademark’s litigations & due to his extensive experience in IP, Ahmad has been assigned as to lead the IP Enforcement & litigation practice on 2017 in the UAE & MENA countries.
Ahmad is well known for the clients for his high level of reliability, outstanding IP support provided for the clients’ in-house counsels; hence, he was nominated and selected among the lawyers across the firm in April 2013 to receive the “Client Service champion” award from the firm management. Ahmad’s work includes drafting, reviewing and advising on all IP commercial agreements and documents.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Ahmed worked for a reputed law firms in the Middle East Area. In addition of being a specialist IP lawyer, Ahmad was a part of the team responsible for drafting and preparing a draft of an important local legislations in Jordan. Ahmad has been also involved in advising the firm clients with general corporate inquiries, such regulatory affairs, commercial agencies disputes, cancellation of trade names, compliance with GSOs and standards, advising on advertisements and competition laws, handling domain names disputes and assisting in commercial agencies enforcement and advisory issues.
Ahmad’s experience includes advising:
- General corporate inquiries;
- IP & commercial advisory works;
- Drafting all types of IP & non IP commercial documents;
- Domain names & commercial agencies enforcement/disputes;
- Set up IP protection strategies for local & international companies.
- Leading IP enforcement & litigation practice in UAE & MENA region;
- Managing of intellectual property litigation and dispute matters and their settlement;
- Advising on registration and maintenance of commercial rights particularly, intellectual property rights.
- Advising an international FMCG company on legitimacy of digital/online charity campaigns and necessary official approvals needed for the same in the UAE and KSA. This was a challenging advisory work due to the overlap of laws in the concerned countries;
- Two domain names have been transferred to the trademark owner “the plaintiff” based on successful WIPO domain name complaints. The base of the complaints was TM infringement and a decision issued within 12 weeks;
- Unlike the regular action to cancel a trade name through the competent court, Ahmad was able to secure a smooth “change of name” transaction through Dubai Development of Economic Department for more than 6 restaurants based on the plaintiff’s administrative complaint, which known to be famous restaurant in the mother/source country India. The action has been taken based on the ownership of a registered trademark in the UAE;
- Ahmad lead the most successful raids & established an important precedence not only in the UAE but also in the region when he was able to lead the team for two simultaneous raids, resulted to seize more than 7000 counterfeit smart mobile phone and confiscation of metal detectors and machines goods with an estimated value of USD (ten million) 10,000,000 and accordingly, listed as one of the largest raids to have taken place in the region in terms of volume and confiscated value;
- Based on Copyright infringement and prior use of trademark, Ahmad was able to win a trademark cancelation action before the Federal Court of Abu Dhabi in spite of absence of TM registration for his client “the plaintiff” in the UAE. The court action resulted in cancelation the opponent’s TM registration in the UAE;
- Based on an exclusive commercial agency rights, proper action has been taken against infringers through an administrative complaint before the Commercial Agencies Department in Dubai.
2008 – LLM in Intellectual Property, University of Jordan
2006 – LLB (Law), University of Jordan
2006 – Jordanian Bar Association