Stephany Malhame is a bilingual litigator practicing as an Associate in the firm’s DIFC Litigation department. She notably focuses on banking, finance, corporate and commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Stephany practiced law in a reputable regional law firm in Lebanon and Qatar, and in two leading multinational companies operating in the UAE.
Throughout her career, Stephany has assisted in diverse legal matters, including:
- Advised financial institutions on regulatory matters including mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, capital markets transactions and cross border financing transactions.
- Structured and handled major multimillion dollar core banking solution deals in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia.
- Assisted the Qatar Central Bank in restructuring the Qatar Central Bank Rulebook.
- Drafted international comparative reports for the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department.
- Actively involved in lawsuits before the Dubai, Lebanese and Qatar Financial Centre Courts.
- Actively playing a role in the drafting of various laws and regulations in the GCC.
Stephany’s publications include FATCA in the UAE – CPI Financial (2014) and UAE Governing Law and Jurisdiction – Practical Law (2017)
- Acting on behalf of multinational banks in debt recovery lawsuits before the Dubai Courts in respect of claims exceeding AED 100 million.
- Handling various shareholders’ disputes before the Amicable Dispute Settlement Centre and the Dubai Courts.
2015 – LL.M. Corporate and Commercial Law (with Meriit), University of London
2013 – Postgraduate Diploma in Laws (with Merit), University of London
2011 – Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (with Merit), University of London
2009 – LL.B. Civil Law (Hons), Sagesse University
2011 – Beirut Bar Association