Muhammad Mitha is an Associate in the Banking & Finance practice in Qatar.
Since joining Al Tamimi, he has advised local clients including Qatar National Bank, The Commercial Bank, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Qatar Islamic Bank, Union National Bank, Qatar Rail and other foreign clients on financial transactions including without limitation, preparation of loan documents, security documents, other corporate documents and contractual matters. He has also been involved in giving general advise in relation to banking, securities, data privacy laws and regulations in Qatar. He also advises foreign clients in relation to the sale, financing and securitisation of Aircrafts in Qatar.
Prior to joining the firm, Muhammad has worked as in-house counsel for a global beverages manufacturer in Pakistan. He has also worked at a tier 1 Pakistan based full service law firm where he was involved in matters relating to banking and finance, corporate and commercial law including transactional work, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, anti-trust matters, franchising, property matters and Intellectual Property practice. Overall, Muhammad has about 7 years’ post qualification experience.
- Advising The Commercial Bank in relation to a QAR 2.9 Billion syndicated term loan project extended to a Qatari borrower. Leading the drafting of the loan agreement, security documents and other ancillary documents relating to the transaction.
- Advising Gulf International Bank and The Commercial Bank in relation to a US$ 143 million syndicated dual tranche term loan project to a Qatari borrower. Leading the drafting of the loan agreement, security documents and other ancillary documents relating to the transaction.
- Advising Sacyr Construccion and UrbaCon Trading Contractors in a syndicated funded and unfunded facilities upto QAR 504 million and involved in the negotiation and finalization of the facilities agreements, security documents, and all other ancillary documents and corporate authorisations required.
- Assisted 38321 and 38329 Aircraft Leasing (Cayman) Limited and DVB Bank SE in the sale and financing of two B787-800 aircrafts from Pembroke Aircraft Leasing 8 Limited that are leased to Qatar Airways. Involved in the review of the transaction documents such as the Facility Agreement, Head Lease Agreements, Sub-Lease Agreement and the Security Agreements, took the lead in drafting Qatar law documents such as Deregistration Power of Attorney and the notices and acknowledgments of assignment of rights. Also advised the clients in relation to the perfection of security in favour of the Lender.
- Assisted Avolon Aerospace Leasing Limited in connection with the re-financing of one Airbus A350XWB-900 and the creation and perfection of security over the aircraft in favors of the lenders.
- Advised Qatar Rail in relation to a merchant’s agreement with Qatar National Bank for the set up of payment platform and gateway for payments processed through various cards and mobile applications for purchase of fare media (tickets) at the Doha Metro and Lusail Tram.
2017 – Executive M.B.A. Banking & Finance, Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
2010 – B.A./LLB, Lahore University of Management Sciences
2011 – Member of Sindh Council and Karachi Bar Council
2011 – Member of the International Trademarks Association – INTA
2011 – Member of the Asian Patents Attorney Association – Pakistan Group