Xavier is a lawyer qualified in Spain, with over 5 years of international tax experience. Prior to joining Al Tamimi in 2017, he worked for more than four years at leading Spanish firm Cuatrecasas.
Xavier has advised a wide-range of clients including financial institutions, large multinationals, family offices and local companies in Spain.
Xavier specialises in advising on international tax structuring and tax aspects of cross border M&A and investments, real estate transactions, as well as providing ongoing advice on Corporate Income Tax and VAT consolidated groups.
He has in-depth knowledge and expertise across all taxes including corporate and personal income tax, VAT, withholding taxes and double taxation treaties, in a wide range of industry sectors.
- Implementing and advising on VAT implications for GCC and foreign clients across the region.
- Advising on income tax and on withholding tax implications across the region for local and foreign clients.
- Advising on VAT implications for financial institutions across the GCC.
- Carrying on tax due diligences in the UAE and in KSA, advising on structuring and M&A transactions and support documentation.
- Advising on custom duties in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Providing tax advice to banks based in the GCC in connection with the issue of shares and sukuk.
- Drafting requests for clarification to the UAE Federal Tax Authority.
- Assisting clients against tax authorities’ decisions and drafting appeals and applications for reconsideration.
2017 – Postgraduate diploma in International Taxation, ESADE
2014 – LLM, Tax advisory and tax planning, UIC Barcelona
2012 – LLB, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
2013 – Attorney-at-law Barcelona Bar, Spain