Sarah has over 13 years’ experience advising banking clients on various legal and regulatory matters. She also has expertise in project finance, debt capital markets, structured products, banks’ mergers and acquisitions, and general banking and finance. Sarah has assisted banking clients in complex corporate restructuring activities, banks’ mergers, bond offerings, leveraged buyouts, syndicated finance transactions, securitisation of loans portfolios, investment business start-ups, introducing structured products to the local market, insurance and re-insurance and other various matters.
Sarah’s particular expertise is banking matters, particularly drafting and negotiating loan agreements and the relevant security documentation on behalf of lenders and borrowers. She has, on many occasions, assisted banks in negotiations with their clients in project finance, syndicated finance and other types of bank facilities.
For achieving security creation and perfection, Sarah has built a strong reputation with the relevant authorities and regulators.
She has been awarded “Leading Lawyer” in the 21st/2011 Edition of the IFLR1000 – The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms. It was also mentioned that “Sarah El Serafy has a high profile in finance” in the 22nd/2012 Edition of the IFLR1000.
- Advising Bank of Baroda in relation to facilities to a developer in the UAE against various security.
- Advising an investment firm on the acquisition of UAE branches of a foreign bank.
- Advising Barwa Bank Q.S.C. in relation to a USD 2bn trust certificate issuance programme established and issued by BBG Sukuk Ltd.
- Advising the dealers in connection with the Qatar Islamic Bank Q.S.C. USD 1.5bn trust certificate issuance programme established by QIB Sukuk Ltd. (and QAR 2bn Additional Tier 1 capital instruments)
- Advising Qatar National Bank on the acquisition of a Turkish bank.
- Advising HSBC on the domiciliation of HSBC Jersey to the DIFC.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank on a loan to Ahli Bank Qatar against Government securities
2005 – LLB, Law School, English Department, Cairo University
2008 – Egyptian Bar Association