Samir leads the firm’s Employment & Incentives practice which comprises the largest team of specialist employment lawyers in the Middle East. He advises on the full range of employment law issues, contentious and non-contentious, and Samir’s experience includes regularly advising major blue chip, multinational and semi-governmental companies in relation to their day-to-day employment queries. He combines technical expertise with business acumen and project management skills, and is known for giving pragmatic and commercial advice.
Samir is acknowledged as a Band 1 ranked lawyer by Chamber & Partners, as a Leading Individual in Legal 500, and is the only lawyer to be listed in Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Global Elite 2020 for UAE Labour & Employment.
- Providing employment input in respect of a transactions within the pharma sector being the two largest asset swap transactions worldwide to date.
- Advising a leading global technology company in respect of the acquisition of a competitor and the resultant ongoing harmonization exercise.
- Managing all the Middle East employment law issues arising from the acquisition by a telecoms hardware company of a global competitor.
- Representing a multi-national chemical company in respect of unfair dismissal and discrimination claims brought in the UAE and the US;
- Acting as Middle East and Africa employment law coordinator for a US multinational medical device, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company.
1993 – Solicitor’ Final Examinations, College of Law
1992 – Bachelor of Law (Hons), University of Warwick
1996 – Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales