Pedro Castro is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Riyadh who has 10 years of international experience providing legal advice in different areas of practice and across multiple sectors, gained in Portugal, Belgium and the Macau (China). Pedro was also involved in transactions in Hong Kong and Singapore.
Pedro focuses mainly in the practice areas of Corporate/M&A, Aviation and Banking & Finance, but he is also experienced in Project Finance, Public Procurement and Transportation.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Pedro has worked as associated lawyer with leading law firms but also as in-house counsel with an investment bank.
Pedro was recognized by IFLR 1000 – Financial and Corporate (2016, 2017 and 2018) as rising star, namely in Aviation, Banking and M&A – “Pedro provided timely and appropriate legal advice in a diligent manner.”. He was also recognised by Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific (2017) as an associate to watch, especially in the Aviation, Gaming, Shipping and Transportation sectors – “He is praised by interviewees for his good commercial awareness and described as highly effective and client-focused.”
- DCC Energy on the USD 150 million acquisition of Shell LPG business in Hong Kong and Macau;
- Apollo Aviation in connection with the acquisition and financing of AerCap aircraft portfolio;
- Apollo Aviation in connection with the securitization of aircraft portfolio;
- Avolon Holdings on the USD 10 billion acquisition of CIT commercial aircraft leasing business;
- Assistance to a leading aircraft leasing company with respect to aircraft repossession.
- China Aircraft Leasing Group in connection with the financing and lease of four Airbus aircraft;
- Navis Capital Partners in respect of the acquisition of ISA Industrial, a premium tannery group;
- DBS Bank with respect to a SGD 240 million syndicated loan to Eu Yan Sang, a health care company;
- Assistance to a banking syndicate with respect to a USD 1,3 term loan to a resource-based manufacturing company;
- HSBC and Hang Seng with respect to a USD 500 million syndicated loan to a papermaking company;
- Taipei Fubon Bank with respect to a USD 300 million syndicated loan to a metal industry company;
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in connection with the Macau Light Rapid Transit project (i.e. ”Macau Metro”), the biggest infra-structure project in the Macau S.A.R..
2008 – Business Law, Nova University of Lisbon
2007 – Post Graduate in Energy Law, University of Lisbon
2006 – Law Degree, University of Lisbon
2014 – Brazil
2009 – Macau S.A.R.
2009 – Portugal