Omer Khan is a Partner in the Corporate Structuring Department and joined Al Tamimi & Company in 2007.
Since joining Al Tamimi & Company, Omer has led teams involved in numerous reorganisations driven by economic efficiencies, exit strategy (private placement and IPO), share and business sales, investment platforms and family succession.
- A private equity firm in Dubai on setting up an investment platform for investing in F&B in the region through SPVs set up for specialised activities like restaurants and cafes under franchise agreements. structure for acquiring a business involved in the health sector sector in the GCC
- Assist in reorganising a company trading in clothing and foot wear with carve-out of certain business units for a possible acquisition of the carved out business. Our advice included advice on setting up new corporate entity in the UAE and transfer of the carved-out business to the new company.
- An Investment Bank in Kuwait regarding setting up non regulated investment platform for education and health assets in the region
- Gulf Capital PJSC on optimal structure for acquiring a business involved in the business of on demand supply of labour. Given the nature of business the advice included optimal structure of acquiring the business with contractual arrangements with local nominees to hold shares in the holding and operating entities.
- Advised the sale side in share sale of 49% shares in major pizza brand with over 15 branches in the UAE. Advised on pre-closing restructuring and carve out of business by setting up holding company jointly owned by the seller and acquirer to own the downstream operating LLC and branches underneath the LLC.
- Advising a UAE based family business on restructuring their business including a fruit packaging company and a bakery.
- Advised sale side for sale of shares and business involved in the production and sale of purified water.
1997 – LL.M., Cornell University
1991 – LL.B., University of Punjab
1995 – High Court of Pakistan