Mariam El Alaily is an Associate in the Corporate Commercial Department in Cairo.
Mariam has experience in M&A and capital markets transactions. She has assisted a large number of clients, both in Egypt and abroad, in drafting transaction documents, due diligence processes and dealing with regulatory bodies in the context of M&A and capital markets transactions.
In addition, Mariam has worked with UNCTAD on mapping Investment Treaties, and she is a contributor of the Doing Business Report issued by the World Bank Group, a yearly publication on doing business in countries across the globe.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Mariam acquired legal experience in both Egypt and France.
- Acting as the local legal counsel of HSBC Bank plc, Investec Bank plc and CI Capital Investment Banking S.A.E., the Underwriters in relation to the initial public offering of the shares of Tenth of Ramadan for Pharmaceutical Industries and Diagnostic Reagents (Rameda) S.A.E. on the Egyptian Exchange.
- Advising the Abdel Rahim Family, the founders and co-owners of Döhler Egypt for Manufacturing Natural Food and Beverage Ingredients S.A.E. on the sale of their stake in the company to Continental Fruit B.V., a subsidiary of Döhler.
- Advising Uria Menendez Abogados, S.L.P.-C in relation to the acquisition of Ferro Group subsidiaries in Egypt.
- Advising Al Tayseer International Hospital S.A.E. in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake of the share capital of Hassab Laboratories for Medical Diagnostics S.A.E. from Hassab Laboratories (a Mauritius SPV owned by SAHAM Group).
- Advising EFG Finance Holding & GB Capital in relation to the acquisition of 75% of the share capital of Tokio Marine Egypt Family Takaful (life insurance company) from Tokio Marine Group.
- Advising Family Corporation S.A.E. in relation to the minority acquisition by Ezdehar Egypt Mid-Cap Fund Coöperatief U.A.
- Advising British Colombia Canadian International School (BCCIS School) on the transaction whereby Cairo Investment and Real Estate Development (CIRA) acquired 60% of BCCIS School.
- Advising EFG Finance Holding & GB Capital in relation to the joint venture with Talaat Mustafa Group (TMG) in the mortgage finance sector.
- Advising the Egyptian American Enterprise Fund with regards to the acquisition of a minority stake in Advanced Education Company (the management company of Nermine Ismail Schools “NIS”).
- Advising the Founders of The Bakery Shop (TBS) and Intro Group on the exit of HM Partners from TBS and the new shareholders agreement between the Founders and Intro Group.
- Acting as the local counsel of Cairo for Investment and Real Estate Development (CIRA) and its major shareholder Social Impact Limited (SIC) in relation to the public offering and listing of CIRA’s shares on the EGX.Advising Dawi Holdings on the sale of a minority stake to the Egyptian American Enterprise Fund.
- Advising Telecom Egypt on its acquisition (via a subsidiary) of 100% of Middle East & North Africa Submarine Cable Systems (MENA Cables), owned to Orascom Telecommunications Media and Technology.
2019 – LL.B., Cairo University.
2017 – M.A. in Economic Law, SciencesPo Paris (I.E.P. de Paris).
2015 – B.A. in Political Science, with an emphasis on Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Studies with a concentration in Law, SciencesPo Paris (I.E.P. de Paris).