Malek advises on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and disposal of direct and indirect real estate investments, development of large-scale real estate projects, commercial lettings and real estate financing. He has particular expertise in advising on the structuring, setting up and registration of regulated real estate funds.
Malek regularly assists public and private companies, including private equity firms and investment banks, on their investor due diligence, compliance and disclosure requirements and ancillary real estate regulatory issues in the context of initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring.
- Advising Emaar Development PJSC, the development arm of Emaar Group, in relation to the real estate due diligence exercise and ancillary regulatory matters in connection with its US$ 1.5bn initial public offering of ordinary shares and listing on the Dubai Financial Market on 11 November 2017.
- Advising Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) on real estate matters in connection with the restructuring and readiness phase of its US$ 2bn initial public offering. The offering was launched on the Dubai Financial Market on 13 December 2017.
- Advising Rasameel Structured Finance Company KSC in connection with a Sharia-compliant acquisition of a leasehold interest and subleasing of a labor camp in the Emirate of Dubai.
- Advising a private seller on the sale of a landmark building in Downtown Dubai.
- Advising a leading closed-end real estate investment trust on a broad range of transactional and leasing matters in relation to its assets in the Emirate of Dubai.
- Advising a leading real estate developer on various matters in connection with its mixed use development project at Ras Al Khaimah, including drafting the sale documentation in relation to the sale of plots to sub-developers, structuring joint-ventures with strategic investors and advising on off-plan sales and compliance with RERA and escrow regulations.
- Advising a holding company and one of the largest private-sector conglomerates in Turkey on all real estate legal matters in connection with its portfolio of F&B units in Dubai, including drafting and negotiating the commercial leases and regularly advising on the company’s rights and obligations thereunder.
- Advising several owners and operators with respect to their rights under their respective hotel management agreements, including providing advice on termination and cost/benefit risk analysis.
2007 – LLB in Private Law, Saint Joseph University
2007 – Beirut Bar Association