Bushra is a Senior Associate in the Transport and Insurance team of Al Tamimi and Company. Her principal areas of practice include: general aviation and aviation related liability issues including baggage, cargo and personal injury; as well as regulatory compliance with a particular focus on the aviation and transportation industry.
Bushra’s aviation liability practice is mainly focused on advising and defending airlines and their insurers/ reinsures. Her major clients with UAE presence include Emirates and Etihad. She has also worked on a number of enforcement disputes arising from aircraft lease agreements for Aercap and SMBC.
Her insurance practice includes acting for and advising local, GCC and multinational companies based in the UAE on insurance coverage, regulatory compliance and policy interpretation.
Her regulatory work includes advising on recently introduced laws regulating App-based (e-hail) taxi services in Dubai, GCAA new regulations on the operation of unmanned aircraft systems (drones) in UAE airspace, transport of dangerous goods across the GCC and general transport regulatory compliance issues.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Bushra was an associate with one of the leading law firms in Amman, Jordan. Her experience included advising individual and corporate clients on a wide range of Jordanian laws including the Commercial Law, Companies Law, Competition Law, Civil and Civil Procedures laws; and Penal and Penal Procedures Laws. Her experience includes contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Continuing advice for major Middle East airlines and reinsurers in connection with aviation liability claims throughout the region.
- Acting as UAE legal counsel for Financial Products Group and Lenders in relation to the sale of one Boeing 737-800 aircraft and advising on the novation of an existing aircraft lease with a local low cost airline.
- Advising international consultancy firms on passenger transport by cars requested through electronic means and smart applications.
- Provision of cross jurisdictional advice on Dangerous Goods Regulations for a major international client.
- Acting for leading dairy company in a KD 13.5m property damage and business interruption insurance claim.
- Acting for a major construction company in an AED 60m property damage and contractors all risk insurance claim.
2012 – Masters of Law and Business, Bucerius Law School & WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
2008 – European, International and Comparative LLB (Hons), University of Sheffield
2012 – Jordanian Bar Association