Ben is a Senior Associate in the regional Financial Crime Practice of Al Tamimi & Company and based in the DIFC, Dubai.
Ben is a U.K. qualified lawyer and has extensive experience advising on cross-border white-collar crime matters, having acted on a number of notable regulatory investigations (led by the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority, Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission), as well as undertaking internal investigations for clients across various sectors, covering, bribery and corruption, money laundering, fraud and sanctions violations.
Furthermore, Ben regularly advises clients on anti-bribery, anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing and sanctions compliance in numerous settings, acting for both financial services and non-financial services clients, within the Middle East and North Africa, Europe and the U.K. He has particular expertise in assisting clients with their compliance programs as well as advising on local and international trade issues.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Ben worked within a number of leading U.K and U.S. law firms, as well as holding an in-house position within a global investment bank. He is also a member of the England and Wales Law Society and Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acting on behalf of numerous banking clients (based in the Middle East and internationally) in respect of criminal proceedings against individuals associated with a large fraud.
- Advising a client on an internal investigation into an alleged embezzlement scheme within the energy sector.
- Advising companies on the applicability of Israeli Boycott regulations in the UAE.
- Acting on a fraud investigation for a global manufacturing company in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting on a large global investigation being led by the Serious Fraud Office, Parquet national financier and Department of Justice into alleged bribery and corruption within an aerospace company.
- Advising a listed company on an internal investigation related to accounting fraud.
- Advising companies on all aspects of anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and sanctions due diligence.
2008 – Bachelors of Law, University of Southampton
2011 – England & Wales, Solicitor