Ahmad Ghoneim (FCIArb) joined Al Tamimi & Company in 2012 and he is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Department. Ahmad previously worked in a local firm in Abu Dhabi from 2010 before joining Al Tamimi & Company. Ahmad was a participant in the establishment of new legal precedents in the Abu Dhabi Court of Cassation, where his knowledge and deep understanding of UAE Civil Code played a vital role. The first new precedent was related to the application of the liquidated damages after the termination of the contract. The second new precedent was related to the precautionary attachment powers of the arbitration awards, while ratification process is pending.
Ahmad received his Bachelor of Law degree from Cairo University, and an LLM in International Investments and Trade Law from Cairo University. He is currently undertaking his MSc in Construction Law at the British University in Dubai. He is also a MCIArb, Member at ICC Young Arbitrators Forum, Member at King’s College Construction Law Association, Member at LCIA Young International Arbitration Group, and Member at DIAC 40 Young Arbitrators.
Ahmad is heading up the construction litigation team in Abu Dhabi. During the last ten years, Ahmad handled many construction litigation disputes, along with civil, and commercial disputes through. He successfully handled several construction disputes that involved arguments related to the UAE laws’ position towards the concurrent delay, nominated subcontractors, and the employer’s right to apply the LDs. He has extensive experience in arbitration disputes, ratifying and recognizing the arbitration awards in UAE. He successfully handled and ratified a number of the arbitration awards despite the opponents strongly arguing that the awards should be nullified due to several reasons, such as, parties’ lack of capacity, invalid arbitration agreement, and etc.
- Aldar PJSC. Advising the client regarding a construction dispute with a value of more than AED 192,000,000.00 related to a collapse incident. Ahmed is a member of the litigation team who is handling Aldar’s litigation case in respect of said Project.
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd. Advising the client regarding a ratification of an arbitration award issued in the client’s favour in respect of a construction dispute of AED 19,448,254.69. Ahmed was a member of the litigation team who successfully handled the aforesaid ratification process.
- Emirates Belbadi Contracting Company. Advising the client in a construction dispute amounting to AED 97,794,822.00
- Al Reem Developers Company. Advising the client regarding a compensation claim amounting to AED 55,972,800.00 resulted from a development agreement.
- Beijing Construction Engineering Group Co – Abu Dhabi. Advising the client to file a challenging request to the Arbitration Award issued by ADCCAC regarding Construction dispute of AED 160,000,000.00.
- M/s Tasameem Real Estate LLC. Advised the client in a construction dispute of AED 22,000,000.00 regarding a Design & Built FIDIC
Ongoing – MSc in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution, British University in Dubai
2010 – LLM in International Investment and Trade Law with emphasis on the International Commercial Arbitration “Comparative Law”, Cairo University
2004 – Bachelor of Laws, Cairo University
2009 – Egyptian Bar Association
2005 – Practice in Cairo, Egypt