Agathi has accumulated significant experience in banking & finance transactions, having worked with various international financial institutions on different facets, including the conclusion of syndicated loan transactions and bilateral facility agreements. Her practice area encompasses, among others, cross border provision of financial services, regulatory compliance and opinion work.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi Agathi was working in private practice in the banking and finance and the corporate and commercial department of the largest law firm in Cyprus.
- Assisted major international banks in the entry by Cyprus companies into cross-border financing transactions, including by drafting/reviewing and advising on the relevant financing and/or security documentation.
- Advised Cyprus banks on the restructuring of non-performing corporate loans, including on the refinancing of existing loans and the conclusion of new security packages.
- Assisted multinational companies in their intended acquisition of non-performing loans by Cyprus banks, by conducting legal due diligence on the relevant portfolios.
- Acted for international financial institutions on their intended acquisition of Cyprus banks, by conducting legal due diligence on their loan portfolios and their corporate and corporate governance structure.
- Advised international corporate clients and financial institutions on their actual or potential regulated activities in Cyprus (whether onshore or on a cross border basis), including activities regulated by the Cyprus financial services law, such as the establishment and marketing of investment funds in Cyprus.
2013 – LLM in Banking Law and Financial Regulation, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
2012 – LLB, University of Cyprus
2014 – Cyprus Bar Association