Abdullah has over 4 years’ experience advising on corporate, commercial and banking and finance matters.
Abdullah specialises in banking and regulatory matters including funds, bilateral and syndicated lending, trade finance, project finance, Islamic finance and regulatory work. Abdullah deals with both lenders and borrowers including banks and multi-national corporate clients on a day to day basis including State Bank of India and Iris Capital. He regularly advises on collective investment undertakings, the marketing and promotions of overseas funds in Bahrain and establishing various fund structures in Bahrain. He works closely with the Central Bank of Bahrain and government ministries on a day to day basis.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, he worked at a tier 1 full service law firm in Pakistan, where he advised on various banking and finance and corporate and commercial matters. This included the incorporation and winding up of companies, project financing, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, anti-trust matters and intellectual property matters. He was also a guest lecturer at University of London’s LLB programme
- Iris Capital Management SAS, advising in connection with establishing a collective investment undertaking fund and incorporating a fund vehicle in Bahrain. Assisting with (amongst other things) preparing and submitting the fund registration application to the Central Bank of Bahrain and reviewing and amending the fund documentation including but not limited to the prospectus, the instrument and the subscription agreement.
- BRP Bizzozero & Partners SA, advising on cross-border regulatory issues, including the sale and marketing of financial products and instruments in Bahrain.
- Goldman Sachs International, advising in relation to the creation and perfection of security in Bahrain to secure the obligations of commodity murabaha facilities comprising a EUR 85 million term facility, USD 75 million term facility and SAR 60 million working capital facility.
- Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, advising in relation to restructuring of USD 8 million facility extended to a Saudi entity. Assisted with the drafting of the facility agreement and promissory notes.
- Advising a foreign bank in relation to setting up a branch office in Bahrain and obtaining a banking license from the Central Bank of Bahrain.
- Advising a foreign entity in relation to obtaining a payment service provider license from the Central Bank of Bahrain and setting up a corporate vehicle to provide payment services.
- Advising a multinational entity on a multi-jurisdictional due diligence exercise in relation to the acquisition of shares of a services sector industry.
- Bank Alfalah Limited, advising in relation to the creation and perfection of security in Bahrain pertaining to a USD 31 million facility and a PKR 5.8 billion facility and advising on various other issues including providing legal opinion on the enforceability of the security documents.
2016 – Bar Professional Training Course, BPP University
2014 – Bachelors of Law, BPP University
2016 – Advocate, Pakistan