Krishna has over nine years’ corporate transactional and advisory experience. Based in Abu Dhabi, she focuses primarily on providing information technology, IT enabled services, telecommunications, and data protection advice.
Since moving to UAE, Krishna has advised on various telecommunication matters including telematics, information security and cloud services, to both private and government clients. Her practice also covers multi-jurisdictional data protection advice in the Middle East and broader privacy issues. Krishna advises clients on a contractual issues and commercial transactions, especially in relation to technology matters.
Krishna spent valuable time on secondment to the technology arm of the Government of Dubai where she assisted them on their Paperless Initiative, Blockchain Strategy and Smart Services.
In 2011, Krishna was presented the ITech Law Travelling Fellowship. As a part of the Fellowship, she worked with six different laws firms in Europe including Setterwalls (Sweden), Hogan Lovells (Munich), Franklin (Paris) and Dr. Widmer & Partners (Switzerland), CMS Hasche Sigle (Germany) and Matheson Ormsby Prentice (Ireland) with their respective TMT teams. She is an active member of the ITech Law (International Technology Law Association) and IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals).
- Representing a satellite communications company in its acquisition of up to 100 per cent stake of another mobile satellite communications company through a sale and purchase agreement between the Purchaser and the Target’s five majority shareholders.
- Advising on legal regulatory issues concerning the Internet of Things, in particular, telematics for connected cars for various major automotive manufacturers in the GCC region.
- Advising an international technology company in respect of the regional regulatory environment for the establishment and operation of internet data centres and cloud computing operations.
- Advising global social media platform operator on federal and local government procurement requirements, and associated contractual negotiations.
- Advising a global leader in cloud services in respect of data protection and telecommunications regulatory considerations.
- Advising an international mobile phone operator on legal and regulatory framework for ownership, operation and remote management of Telecoms Network Equipment.
- Advising on data protection laws within the GCC region including handling sensitive personal information by multinationals and BPOs.
2009 – B.S. L. LL.B, ILS Law College, Pune India
2010 – Advocate, Bar Council of India