Hyungmin is a seasoned dispute resolution lawyer with experience in both common law and civil law jurisdictions. His work experience covers a broad range of legal practices and industry sectors, including construction, joint venture, M&A, defense, banking and finance.
Hyungmin previously worked in Clyde & Co’s Singapore office, where his practice focused on international arbitration and court proceedings in multiple jurisdictions. He represented clients in commercial and construction arbitration proceedings, including SIAC arbitrations regarding a healthcare IT business in Saudi Arabia and power plants in India. He also successfully advised clients on pre-judgement attachments in aid of AAA, SIAC and KCAB arbitrations. Prior to joining Clyde & Co, he was Senior Associate at a South Korean law firm, where he represented clients in numerous litigation cases.
Hyungmin is a co-author of several articles covering Singapore’s arbitration law and practice.
- Represented a Korean IT company in a SIAC arbitration for disputes arising from a healthcare IT collaboration agreement with a Saudi Arabian company.
- Represented a Korean construction company in a SIAC arbitration in connection with the alleged defects of power plants built in India.
- Advised Korean trading and construction companies on prejudgment attachments in aid of AAA SIAC and KCAB arbitrations.
- Represented a Korean defense company in Korean domestic litigation worth over USD 100 million related to a transfer of the right to produce wings of jet fighters.
- Advised a Chinese hotel chain in a CIETEC arbitration and represented the company in legal proceedings seeking confirmation of the arbitration award.
2014 – LLM in Taxation, Northwestern University
2013 – LLM, Indiana University
2004 – Korean Bar, Judicial Research & Training
2000 – Bachelor of Art, Seoul National University
2004 – Korea