Andrew is a Partner and Head of Equity Capital Markets at Al Tamimi and, with over 12 years of experience in the region, he is widely recognised as a leading lawyer for capital markets in the Middle East.
Andrew has particular expertise in all aspects of capital markets transactions, particularly IPOs, other equity fund raisings, debt securities and Sukuk. He is skilled in all aspects of capital markets, M&A, public company work and corporate law.
Andrew has been ranked in Band 1 in Chambers Global for several years and is a “Leading Individual” in Legal 500 for UAE and Middle East Capital Markets. Commentators described him as “very knowledgeable, practical and energetic, and gets things done“, “a big player who brings a lot of expertise to his team” and as “a leading figure in the capital markets space” with “a solid track record in multibillion-dollar IPOs”.
- Network International Holdings plc on its £1.5 billion IPO on the London Stock Exchange.
- Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority on the establishment of a UAE free zone stock exchange (a selected Dubai Government 10X Project).
- Bank of London and The Middle East plc on its share buy-back programme on Nasdaq Dubai.
- The proposed sale of a significant stake in a UAE public company and establishment of various real estate funds.
- EFG Hermes, HSBC, Barclays, BAML on the dual listing of Orascom Construction Limited on NASDAQ Dubai and the Egyptian Stock Exchange and demerger from Euronext.
- National Commercial Bank on its US$6 billion IPO and listing on the Saudi Tadawul (largest IPO ever in the Middle East/second largest IPO globally in 2014).
- AIG Alico and Bawan Group on their IPOs and listings on the Saudi Tadawul.
- DAMAC Properties on its global GDR exchange offer and listing on the Dubai Financial Market, which included a de-listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange.
- Qatar Petroleum on the retail IPO of Mesaieed Petrochemical Holding Company and listing on the Qatar Exchange.
- Ooredoo (formerly Qtel) on the establishment of a U.S.$2bn airtime Sukuk programme and issuance of U.S.$1.25bn of trust certificates.
- Ooredoo on the establishment and issuance of a Rule 144A US$3 billion GMTN programme.
- Sembcorp Salalah on its IPO and listing on the Muscat Securities Market.
- Asiacell on its US$1.3 billion IPO on the Iraq Stock Exchange.
- JLMs on the issuance of US$250 million 8.25% notes by Investcorp S.A..
- Nasdaq Dubai on various regulatory matters.
1995 – Post Graduate Diploma in Law – Legal Practice Course. College of Law, Chester.
1994 – Post Graduate Diploma in Law – Common Professional Examination. College of Law, Chester.
1993 – BA (Hons) 2:1 History. University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
1998 – England & Wales, Solicitor