Abdullah Al Tamimi is a Partner in the Litigation practice in Riyadh.
Abdullah heads the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department of Al Tamimi & Company in Saudi Arabia. Abdullah’s clients include many large local and international companies and prominent business individuals in the region.
Abdullah has also acted on major policy and legislative drafting initiatives for Saudi Arabian Ministries and Government Agencies.
Abdullah has extensive experience representing clients on legal and Sharia issues before all courts, the Board of Grievances, judicial committees and arbitration tribunals in corporate and commercial litigation including: administrative law, labour disputes, banking and finance litigation, compensation and trademark infringement. Abdullah is a licensed advocate with rights of audience before all Saudi courts and is officially noted by the Ministry of Justice as a licensed arbitrator in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising and representing several large Korean and Chinese construction companies before Saudi courts on several disputes with Saudi companies.
- Advising and representing several KSA shareholders, well-known business men before Saudi and foreign courts on several disputes valued over SAR 10 billion.
- Advising and representing several Saudi and International companies in several Arbitration proceedings for disputes valued over SAR 1.2 billion.
- Advising a major Chinese railway company on a joint venture dispute in relation to North-South Railway Project.
- Representing a Bahraini bank before the Saudi General Court on two matters valued at over SAR 4 billion.
- Representing a several Bahraini banks before the SAMA Banking Disputes Committee on several matters valued at over SAR 500 million.
- Representing several UAE banks before the SAMA Banking Disputes Committee on matters valued at over SAR 1 billion.
- Representing UAE-based finance company in two cases before the Board of Grievances in relation to claims valued at US$ 160 million.
- Advising several International and Saudi companies on enforcement of multi-billion foreign Judgments and Arbitral awards in KSA
- Advising and representing several companies in several Employment Litigations, for example: Employment Litigation on behalf of a large British company against 2500 employees before the Saudi Labor committees in relation to labor rights. Also, Employment Litigation on behalf of a KSA based multi-services company against 52 employees before the Labor Office in relation to entitlements upon termination.
- Advising several Government entities and participating in reviewing some laws and preparing its regulations.
2001 – Bachelor of Shari’ah, Imam Mohammed Bin Saud University
Licensed as an Arbitrator in Saudi Arabia