Zeinab Shohdy is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Egypt.
Zeinab has experience in acquisition transactions, due diligence processes, drafting of pertinent reports and high level issues reports, drafting of acquisition related documentation including share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and escrow agreements. Zeinab, further, has experience in capital markets and advising on banking related issues, laws and regulations.
She is also experienced in corporate and commercial work in Egypt; preparing and drafting civil and commercial agreements including franchise, commercial agency, distributorship, sale, marketing, supply, customs clearance, assignment, lease, forbearance, brokerage and services provision, and in corporate secretarial work including general assemblies and board meetings.
Zeinab has experience in incorporating offshore as well as inland companies, partnerships, and representative offices, moreover, in advising on the Egyptian Labour Law and drafting of employment contracts. She also has experience in work permits issuance processes and preparation of related documentation and other important matters including employees’ profit sharing.
Further, she has assisted in advising on intellectual property related issues and registration of artistic and creative artworks, and in drafting assignment of intellectual property rights agreements as well as production and broadcasting agreements.
- Acting as lead local counsel for Infinity Solar Energy and ib Vogt GmbH in their acquisition of two licensed SPVs in the Feed-in-Tariff program second regulatory period.
- Acting as buyer counsel in the acquisition of Egyptian Advanced Company for Public Transportation (Misr Bus) by Emirates National Group.
- Member of the team advising international consortium of purchasers in their acquisition of Fawry for Banking and Payment Technology Services, one of the leading electronic payment solutions platform.
- Acting as a team member in the counsel advising Compass Capital for its acquisition of 51% of the brokerage business of Beltone Holding Company.
- Acting as a team member in the counsel advising EFG Hermes UAE Limited in acquiring minority stake in Wadi Degla for Investments LLC S.A.E.
- Assisting in the due diligence on the passive infrastructure of one of the major mobile telecommunication networks in Egypt.
2014 – LL.M. in International Comparative Business Law, Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana University
2011 – LLB (license en droit), English Department, Cairo University
2011 – Egyptian Bar Association