Yousef is an Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Dubai. Yousef is also a member of Al Tamimi and Company’s Healthcare group.
Yousef advises clients on complex structures and transactions in relation to commercial contracts, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, M&A, and Equity Capital Markets. This includes negotiating and drafting the terms and conditions of agreements and documentations related to any of the said transactions both in English and Arabic such as commercial contracts, due diligence reports, shareholders’ arrangements, sale and purchase agreements, acquisition finance, IPO prospectus and other legal documents necessary to carry out corporate/commercial transactions.
Yousef also assists clients on other various corporate matters including incorporation of different legal entities, shareholders and board meetings and resolutions, corporate governance, disclosure and transparency requirements, and regulatory compliance; in addition to advising on, and drafting required agreements and documentation related to, employment arrangements with senior executives and management, intellectual property rights, information technology services, franchise, transfer of technology, commercial agency, and distribution agreements.
- Advised Emaar Development PJSC on listing its shares on the Dubai Financial Market, in relation to an AED 4.8 billion offering.
- Advised Gulf Medical on the sale of Al Zhara Hospital in the Emirate of Sharjah for AED 2.06 billion. This is the largest healthcare acquisition in the Arabian Gulf in more than five years, the third largest deal ever in the UAE Life Sciences (including Medical, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology) sector and in the top 20 largest deals in the UAE since 2000.
- Advised Gulf Capital on the acquisition of a substantial stake in Emirates Auction for approximately USD 87.2 million.
- Advised Centurion Investment and KBBO Group on the cross-border acquisition of 100% of Cosmesurge and Emirates Hospital Group, for AED 475 million, and on its acquisition finance for AED 330 million. The target group had branches all over the UAE, Oman and Kuwait.
- Advised Etisalat and Abu Dhabi Fund on structuring the SPV that acquired 53% of a Moroccan telecommunications company, and on the AED 13.7 billion capital increase.
- Advised IBM on its joint venture with Mubadala to establish a UAE technology solutions business.
2011 – LLM, Indiana University School of Law
2008 – LLB, Ain Shams University School of Law
2008 – Egyptian Bar Association