Yi Ling Wong is an Associate in our Banking & Finance Department in Dubai – DIFC.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Yi Ling practiced Banking and Finance at Wong & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Yi Ling’s expertise include advising on conventional banking and finance, Islamic finance, debt capital market for both conventional and Islamic markets, structured finance and project financing. She has worked with various institutional lenders on the complex aspects of syndicated financing deals, as well as on local and cross-border capital market transactions.
- Advised First Gulf Bank PJSC in relation to a term loan facility of up to AED100 Million for purposes of financing the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of the leading distributor and marketer of entertainment products in the Middle East by a special purpose vehicle incorporated in the British Virgin Islands.
- Regularly advised one of the largest managers of shari’a compliant funds in the world in the provision of trade finance facilities based on shari’a principles.
- Regularly advised leading aircraft-leasing companies on aircraft financing transactions involving UAE based operators in regards to lex-situs issues under UAE law.
- Regularly advised local and international financial institutions in connection with the offering of various types of financial product and services in the UAE and DIFC from a financial regulatory perspective.
- Regularly advised local and international financial institutions in the development of both Islamic and conventional standard account terms and conditions and lending documents.
- Bahasa Malaysian
2010 – Bar Vocational Course, BPP College of Professional Studies
2009 – LLB (Hons), University of Leeds
2011 – Advocate and Solicitor of the Malayan High Court
2010 – Barrister-at-Law in England and Wales
2010 – Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn