Waleed Shalabi is a Senior Associate in the Regional Financial Crime practice in Dubai.
As a former member of the Egyptian judiciary and a Chief Public Prosecutor, Waleed Shalabi has extensive experience in criminal and civil litigation.
Waleed’s career path in the UAE has involved his employment as Legal Counsel at other law firms, finally followed by his appointment in the position of a Senior Associate with the Litigation and Financial Crime Departments of Al Tamimi & Company. Using his extensive knowledge of the UAE laws and regulations, Waleed provides excellent and efficient assistance to both corporate and individual clients.
- Assisting in an investigation on behalf of a major international bank in relation to embezzlement in excess of eight million US dollars;
- Successfully defending a client fighting an extradition request received by the UAE authorities from a European country;
- Mapping a strategy in light of the evidence gathered to institute a complaint on behalf of a major industrial client against one of its directors for misappropriation of millions in breach of trust;
- Undertook the defence of a medical entity whose employees were accused of medical malpractice in a lawsuit brought against the entity which was facing the serious threat of closure, and successfully managed to defend the case and ensured that the entity continued to practice;
- Drafting an MOU between major forensic labs of Abu Dhabi government and the United Nations for developing their criminal labs to conform to international standards
2000 – Bachelor in Laws and Police Sciences, Egyptian Police Academy
2011 – Egyptian Bar Association as an Appeal Lawyer