Soad specializes in the field of agriculture and plant variety, having over 12 years’ experience working with major Egyptian companies in the protection and registration of crops and plant varieties.
She has experience in the registration and protection of trademarks, obtainment of plant certificates for various kinds of crops to enable their marketing legally through the Plants’ Protection Office at the Ministry of Agriculture, conducts judiciary inspections to protect varieties, and has applied a program for the protection and traceability of the plants which was devised to stop unlawful shipments at points of entry (Customs Authority).
Soad is very active in reviewing, amending, drafting and supervising the execution of all relevant contracts by breeders to ascertain proper execution by the sub licensees and following up with sub licensees to ascertain their compliance with the obligations set forth.
Soad routinely provides advisory work for the firm’s IP clients, including the negotiation and drafting of service and consultancy agreements.
- Pico Agriculture in regards to the registration, protection and execution of their trademark rights pertaining to “MACO”, “PICO”, “DELIGHT”, “TIME FOR FRUIT” in more than 70 countries worldwide, in coordination with the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Red Eva on the protection and obtainment of Certificates for their breed of Strawberries.
- Handling Culdevco’s IP Portfolio in Egypt, which entailed obtainment of one certificate for Nectarine, one certificate for Apricot, and five certificates for PLUM.
- Dole in relation to the protection of their varieties and obtainment of three certificates for Grapes.
- Planasa in relation to the protection of their plant breed and obtainment of five certificates for Peach and Nectarine.
- Ekland in the protection of their rights over their breed of Strawberries through obtainment of two certificates, in addition to providing them with assistance for the marketing of which.
- Handling the protection of A H Ernst & Son’s breed of Avocade, which involved the obtainment of two certificates.
- Skelton in the protection and obtainment of two certificates for Kiwi.
2005 – Bachelor of Law, Helwan University
2005 – Solicitor, Egypt