Sara is a Senior Associate with Al Tamimi & Company based in the Dubai office. Sara’s practice focuses on arbitration and complex litigation. Sara regularly advises and represents clients in international and domestic arbitration proceedings, both ad hoc and institutional (ICC, DIAC, LCIA, ICSID, UNCITRAL) as well as complex commercial litigation, particularly in cases with cross-border facets. Sara has developed an expertise in corporate and commercial law, banking and financial law, property and construction law and energy, including oil, gas and nuclear. Sara also advises clients on several procedural issues such as the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in the UAE and the revision and annulment proceedings of awards.
Sara is well versed in both the civil and common law legal traditions having practiced law at top tier law firms in London, Paris and Beirut prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company,
Sara is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Laboratory for Financial Regulation, the ICC and ArbitralWomen.
In addition to her practice of law, Sara regularly publishes and delivers talks on dispute resolution. She has held several teaching and editorial appointments, such as Editor of the Harvard Business Law Review, Lecturer in Law at the Sorbonne Law School in Paris and the Paris Sorbonne University in Abu Dhabi. Sara is currently a certified legal trainer with the Legal Affairs Department of the Government of Dubai.
- Acting for the respondent, a publicly-listed UAE-based construction group, in its defense and counter-claim in USD 135 Million DIAC arbitration.
- Defending the respondents, UAE and Hong Kong-based construction groups, in an ICC arbitration against USD 50 Million claims by the MEP contractor for nonpayment of work executed in a high-profile eco-friendly project.
- Representing the claimant, a major European petroleum company, on their breach of an exploration license claim against a North African governmental entity in ICSID proceedings.*
- Acting for the claimant, a renowned U.S. healthcare provider, on their claim for breach of the shareholders’ agreement by the respondent, an Indian healthcare provider in proceedings under the auspices of the LCIA.*
- Member of several expert witness teams providing opinions on issues relating to UAE law, such as commercial contracts and rules of civil procedure, presented before foreign courts and arbitral tribunals.
2012 – Master of Laws (LL.M.), Harvard Law School
2009 – Advanced Master in Strategic Management and Finance, ESSEC Business School
2007 – Master in International Business Law, René Descartes – Paris V University
2006 – LL.B., Saint-Joseph University
2015 – New York
2012 – Paris
2010 – Beirut