Ruta is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Structuring department. Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Ruta practiced as an advocate in the High Court of Mumbai and was appointed a Government Pleader for the State of Maharashtra, India.
Ruta assists clients on Corporate Structuring, Commercial Agency and Employment matters and is experienced in advising clients on setting up, corporate restructures and joint ventures. Ruta has also assisted in the establishment of various entities in the UAE, including limited liability companies, free zone structures, representative offices and branches of local and foreign companies.
- Advised and assisted a world’s leader in design and manufacturing of composite large diameter fiberglass pipe system, in corporate matters related to various entities of their group.
- Successfully restructured the UAE entities of a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries.
- A compliance advice to a technology distributor which provides security, collaboration, networking, and data center products to customers in the United States and internationally.
- Advising an American privately held corporation that specialises in designing, developing and selling audio equipments throughout the world, on restructuring one of their entities in the UAE and on various corporate matters in relation to their business in the UAE.
- Advising a Swiss luxury goods holding company on their corporate matters in the UAE and assisting with restructuring of their business.
1987 – Bachelor of Law (L.L.B), Karnatak University, India
1984 – Bachelor of (B.A.), Karnatak University
1987 – The Bar Council of Maharashtra