Rana Hegazi is an Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in the Egypt office.
Rana joined the firm in 2015. She has extensive experience working on real estate, arbitration, civil, commercial, trade, and companies’ laws. She is a competent legal researcher in pertinence to complicated legal issues in real estate laws inclusively. In fact, she is a qualified patent agent and has a particular interest in the Construction field. Rana has focused her Master’s thesis on the FIDIC contracts and their adaptation to the Civil Law.
Rana has experience in advising on and preparing all documentation necessary for construction processes and leases agreements between companies in France; Her experience in construction law started during her internship in Linklaters LLP (Paris).
Moreover, she participated in advising public figures and major companies in establishing arbitration in Egypt.
she has participated in in acquisition transactions, due diligence processes, drafting of pertinent reports and high level issues reports, drafting of acquisition related documentation including share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and escrow agreements. Rana, further, has experience in capital markets and advising on banking related issues, laws and regulations.
Rana has also engaged in corporate work in Egypt; preparing and drafting civil and commercial agreements including franchise, commercial agency, distributorship, sale, marketing, supply, customs clearance, assignment, lease, forbearance, brokerage and services provision, and in corporate secretarial work including general assemblies and board meetings.
Further, she has advised on intellectual property and labor law related issues.
- Participating in advising a major Company in establishing a real estate finance practice.
- Assisting French companies in obtaining required construction permits.
- Assisting in the due diligence on two of the major construction companies in France.
- Assisting in the due diligence and transaction documents on majors companies in Egypt.
- Participating in Bassem Youssef’s Arbitration Case.
- Acting for an Egyptian construction company in a € 33.643.060 regarding the breach of a service contract with a German company referred to arbitration under CRCICA rules.
- Advising a number of renewable energy developers and consortia in connection with the development of 50 MW Solar PV or 50 MW Wind power plants under the newly introduced renewable energy Feed-in Tariffs programme and major European Companies in connection with wind power plants in Toulouse, France.
2015 – MA, in Construction Urbanism & Contract Law, Paris I Pathéon Sorbonne
2014 – LL.B.(license en droit), Cairo University
2013 – LL.B. International Business Law, Paris I Pathéon Sorbonne
2015 – Egyptian Bar Association