Patrick Slater is a senior associate in the Banking and Finance department at Al Tamimi & Company.
He has extensive experience in the area of banking and finance, particularly acting for banks and borrowers in bankruptcy and restructuring situations, real estate finance and on all types of asset based lending and project finance. Patrick has also worked on template documentation for National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, RAK Bank and Arab Bank plc and while on secondment at First Gulf Bank had responsibility for both DEWA Solar Phase II and Jazan ASU project financings.
- Acted for Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank in connection with AED 600 million refinancing of an Abu Dhabi based hotel group required for their refurbishment of existing and development of new hotels
- Acted for First Gulf Bank in connection with AED 250 million syndicated acquisition facility required in connection with a retail group based in the UAE, Oman, Kuwait and Bahrain
- Acted for First Gulf Bank on the AED 450 million financing of the acquisition and remodelling of the Steigenberger Hotel, Business Bay, Dubai
- Acted for Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank in connection with AED 450 million refinancing of an Abu Dhabi based hospital group required for existing and the development of two new hospitals
- Acted for First Gulf Bank / NBAD in connection with AED 422.5 million facility required in connection with the development of a new mall in Khalifa for a supermarket group based in the UAE
1987 – LLB, Trinity College Dublin
2003 – Solicitor in England
1997 – Solicitor in Scotland