Mohammed is a Partner in the Corporate Commercial practice and Heads Al Tamimi & Company’s Baghdad office.
His extensive commercial corporate experience sees him at the forefront of some of the largest and most complex transactions taking place in Iraq. His client base spans an impressive scope, including international banks, oil & gas companies, telecommunication corporations and property development firms. He advises and acts on all corporate aspects such as preparing corporate documentation, drafting and reviewing commercial agreements relating to field operations, financing, construction and joint ventures. Mohammed has also advised on employment policies, contracts, disputes, labour unions, sponsorship and manpower supply agreements.
In addition to his professional experience, Mohammed has attended and spoken at various economic and legal forums in Iraq. He has published numerous articles in Law Update
Finally, Mohammed’s expertise extends to providing day-to-day legal advice on the options for setting up, including incorporation of foreign branches and rep offices, and required permits for the same.
- Advising HSBC and Morgan Stanley as lead arrangers on the first IPO of Asiacell, a major telecommunications company in the post-Saddam era, including leading the due diligence transaction, and advising on the structuring and implementation of the deal.
- Advising a major oil and gas company on permits required for execution of West Qurna Phase II Project, including construction of a gas turbine power plant as well as the drilling, completion and testing of exploratory, appraisal and development water supply and other wells.
- Comprehensive legal due diligence on both banks, in relation to the first merger of two public listed banks in Iraq, as well as advising on the structuring and implementation of the merger.
- Handling the registration of a number of high profile companies in Iraq including, inter alia, Halliburton, MB Petroleum, Willbros and Tenaris.
- Reviewing franchise and distribution agreements for a well-known US restaurant chain, a well-known mobile telephone producer, a German technical and optical equipment firm and a Japanese electrical devices firm.
2000 – Bachelors Degree in English Language, Baghdad University
1993 – Bachelors Degree in Law, Baghdad University
1993 – Iraqi Br Association