Mark Brown is a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance practice in Dubai.
Mark is a specialist banking and finance lawyer with significant experience advising financial institutions with respect to transactional lending, product development, customer insolvency and legislative change. Mark’s experience also extends to assisting corporate borrowers from a range of industries, debt capital markets transactions and advising on UAE projects.
- Lead associate advising lenders in respect of the first two independent power projects in Dubai: the 2,400 MW Hassyan Clean Coal Power Project in Dubai, UAE part of the first phase of the coal fired 3,600MW Hassyan Power Project Programme and the 200 MW Solar Photovoltaic IPP in Dubai, UAE as part of the second phase of development of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park.
- Advising Mashreqbank PSC and Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC in relation to AED 1.2 billion Islamic (Istisna and Forward Ijara) financing for construction of sixteen residential projects in Dubai by a local conglomerate.
- Acted as lender’s counsel to Mashreqbank PSC in relation to an AED 2 billion financing of Nakheel Mall and “The Pointe”, a mixed-use retail and restaurant complex, on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai.
- Lead associate to GGICO on its AED 3 billion financial restructuring involving 27 lenders.
- Acting for multiple local and international financial institutions to develop and implement standard and bespoke banking products for use in the UAE or DIFC, including account terms and conditions, credit facilities, cash-pooling and corporate liquidity, internet banking, and gold accounts and loans.
2004 – Bachelor of Laws, Victoria University of Wellington
2004 – Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University of Wellington
2006 – Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand