Majdi Salaita is an Associate in the Corporate Commercial department in Jordan, with experience in the banking & finance practice as well.
He has experience in transactional work, including project finance for energy (renewable and non-renewable) and construction projects, and has worked on a wide range of mergers and acquisitions and banking matters in Jordan and Iraq.
He works on various due diligence exercises, and generally advises local and international clients and financial institutions on matters relating to commercial contracts (including common terms agreements, shareholders’ agreements, joint ventures, sale and purchase agreement, and share purchase agreements), facilities and security packages.
- Acting for the sponsors on the financing of a photovoltaic energy project in Jordan.
- Acted for the sponsors on the financing of an oil shale project.
- Acted for the lenders on the financing of two different solar projects/round two (each with a capacity of 50MW) in the Mafraq Development Area in Jordan.
- Acted for the lenders on the financing of an approximately 82MW wind farm project (round one).
- Assisted with the financing of several construction and renewable energy (round one) projects in Jordan.
- Advised on Eurobond issuance, and preparation of the Jordanian related sections of the prospectus.
- Acted for the purchasers in conducting a due diligence exercise and assisting with the asset sale of a major chain in Jordan.
- Acted for the lenders on the financing of a construction project in Iraq, including perfection of securities.
- The restructuring of a holding company and its subsidiaries, including a step-by-step guide to effect such restructuring.
- Due diligence reports relating to the acquisition of a telecommunication company in Jordan; a hospital; an internet services company; and a non-profit company.
2014 – L.L.M. International Legal Practice, University of Law
2013 – Legal Practice Course, University of Law
2012 – LL.B. (Hons), University of Bristol
Member of the Jordanian Bar Association