Khalid Bashir is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Abu Dhabi. Khalid is also a member of the Sports Law and Entertainment group.
Khalid is qualified as a lawyer in England and Wales and prior to joining Al Tamimi gained valuable experience in Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia with Trowers & Hamlins and in Singapore assisting clients in setting up in the Middle East. In England, Khalid gained extensive experience of corporate, capital markets and commercial transactions at Skadden Arps and Schofield Sweeney.
Khalid has worked with a wide range of locally based and international clients and currently performs Corporate and Commercial Advisory work which presently encompasses joint ventures, commercial agreements, service and consultancy agreements, distribution agreements, regulatory compliance and opinion work.
Khalid regularly delivered in-house seminars on company and commercial law issues at Trowers & Hamlins and spoke at the CityScape conference in 2009 in Abu Dhabi. In Singapore Khalid took part in talks with business delegations on the key legal and regulatory aspects of doing business in the Middle East.
- Seconded (April 2015 – December 2016) to a newly set up defence related company as senior legal counsel assisting with the merger/acquisition of all government owned defence related companies and contracts to the new company. This included liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors in relation to assignment of contracts, assisting with drafting of corporate governance manual, procurement policy, code of ethics and delegation of authority manuals and novation of contracts.
- Assisting an investment group in its venture to set up a USD 175,000,000 facility in UAE, including liaising with local authorities, attending meetings with the client’s future partners and purchasers and its dealings with potential local partners.
- Reviewing standard contracts for a major government entity, updating and revising the suite of documents to better reflect the client’s needs.
- Advising a major government investment house IT department – the client contact for all legal technology matters, advising on all its corporate, commercial and IT related contracts.
- Assisting a client in staging a major sports event in the Emirate of Dubai – preparing memorandum of understanding with the association representing the players, advising client on various issues including IP rights for logo, sponsorship rights, and franchise agreements.
1999 – LPC, University of Sheffield
1994 – M.A., Brunel University
1993 – BSc/Eng (Hons), King College London
2003 – Roll of Solicitors