Khalid AlSuwaidi is a Senior Associate in the Regional Financial Crime practice in Dubai.
Khalid served for almost twenty years with the Police Force in Dubai and has amassed a wealth of experience and expertise in financial crime, with a special focus on anti-money laundering and combatting the financing of terrorism.
Khalid is able to draw upon this practical experience to advice clients on the most pragmatic approach to litigation in order to maximize his clients’ prospects of success.
He is regularly praised by clients for his approachable manner that is persuasive and ensures that his clients’ cases are properly presented.
- Representing a multinational client who required an expeditious approach to stem a fraud that was being perpetrated by a group of criminals that had conspired to extract funds from a multinational oil company;
- Advising a client on the extradition procedures in relation to the principle of double jeopardy following a criminal conviction in a European State;
- Advising a free zone based oil company on anti-money laundering provisions that related to cross-border fraud and tracing the proceeds of crime;
- Assisting a global enterprise in obtaining a criminal complaint against their former director, which required expert representations following a lack of standing before the authorities;
- Representing a client in a cross-border criminal dispute involving an international news agency that was being defrauded by one of its employees.
2017 – Masters in Sports Law, American University in the Emirates