Hossam Gramon is a Partner and Head of Banking & Finance practice in Egypt
Qualified since 2001 with over 14 years of practical experience as a professional finance, mergers & acquisitions, corporate and capital markets legal counsel in Egypt. Member of the Egyptian Bar Association.
Hossam was a partner and member of Matouk Bassiouny Law Firm private practice in Cairo, Egypt (member of DLA Piper Africa Group). Previously, senior associate, member of Baker & McKenzie LLP private practice in Cairo, Egypt (in association with Helmy, Hamza & Partners).
Hossam was nominated as leading lawyer by IFLR1000 for 2016/2017. Recommended legal counsel by Global Legal Experts 2016 and recommended as a national expert by Getting the Deal Through 2016/2017. Recognized by IFLR1000 2010 for advising on the “largest merger to take place in the financial services sector in the Egyptian market”.
- Advised a syndication of 7 Egyptian banks led by Commercial International Bank (CIB), Banque Misr and National Bank of Egypt on an EGP 6 Billion finance for Etisalat Egypt for the acquisition of 4G license (winner of IG Global and London Law Society awards for 2016).
- Advised a syndication of 17 banks led by Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) , Banque Misr and Bank Awdi on an EGP 1.5 Billion Islamic (Ijara wa Istisn’a Mawsouf bel Zima) extended to Al-Sharkeya Sugar Manufacturing Company (winner of IFN Global Award 2016).
- Advised Egyptian Ethylene & Derivatives Company (ETHYDCO) on a USD 1.25 Billion project finance for the erection of a petrochemicals project in Ameraya, Alexandria (winner of Euromoney deal of the year award).
- Representation of Credit Suisse and, ADIB Capital and Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) in relation to a USD 400 million finance (Islamic and conventional) extended to Banque Misr and guaranteed by the Central Bank of Egypt.
- Advised Egyptian Hydrocarbon Company (EHC) on a USD 398 Million facility with a syndicate of Egyptian banks.
- Advised National Bank of Egypt on USD 1.5 Billion Eurobonds issuance in Luxemburg.
- Advised the Egyptian Government on 2016 sovereign bond issuance.
2007 – L.L.M. in International and Comparative Law, The American University in Cairo
2005 – Postgraduate Diploma n International Commercial Arbitration, Ain-shams University
2001 – License en Droit, Law School English Section, Cairo University
2001 – Egyptian Bar Association