Haroun advises private sector clients and high profile government authorities on high-value and complex TMT related contracts, projects and corporate transactions. He has extensive experience in IT procurement, e-commerce, marketing, data protection, cyber security and regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Haroun was a senior associate in the pre-eminent TMT practice of Australian law firm, Gilbert + Tobin. During that time, he completed secondments with Telstra (Australia’s leading telecommunications and media company) and subsequently served as Senior Legal Counsel at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
Haroun’s in-house experience has given him valuable insight into the challenges faced by TMT businesses and has placed him well to provide commercially sound, strategic and pragmatic advice.
- a GCC Ministry of Finance on the upgrade of its electronic payment platform
- a government entity on a PPP project concerning the development of a Smart City (current)
- advising Telstra on various aspects of the $40 billion National Broadband Network project (including regulatory matters, commercial contracting, information security issues and disputes)
- a large Middle East Bank on revamping its suite of IT procurement contracts
- a leading electronic goods manufacturer on the release of ‘connected products’ in the Middle East
- a cloud computing giant in relation to the establishment of a data centre in KSA
- a global technology company regarding a large IT outsourcing contract dispute with a GCC telecommunications service provider
2006 – LLB, University of New South Wales
2005 – B Com, University of New South Wales
2006 – Supreme Court of New South Wales