Ghalib is an associate in our Baghdad office’s Litigation department. He assists clients in various commercial and litigation matters, including Iraqi labour law issues, criminal cases of corporate clients and dealing with governmental authorities. Ghalib frequently works from Basra, where Al Tamimi & Company is in the process of opening an office there.
Ghalib has an experience in representing client, foreign and local, in lawsuits filed in Iraq before court and judicial authorities, whether as plaintiffs or defendants, and in drafting and preparing motions and exchanged pleas. His experience extends to representing clients civil, commercial, criminal, and labour, and administrative cases.
Further, he has drafted and reviewed contracts of commercial nature or employment contracts, and provided his legal opinion with relation to requested assistance and to also draft transactions’ contracts for companies with difference business activities.
In addition to the above, Ghalib has an experience in holding meetings and negotiations with clients and governmental departments and authorities in Iraq.
- Reviewing and amending employment contracts according to the Iraqi Labor code.
- Involve in negotiation to settle labor dispute.
- Litigation in cases regarding
- Transportation dispute (Earline ticket).
- Commercial claims.
- Labour dispute.
- Criminal cases and inquiry regarding: Customs, Misdemeanours, Felonies
- Employment advice for Company working at oil field and Construction Company.
1998 – Bachelor of Law, Kuwait University
1987 – Course in Principles of Management, Kuwait University
1986 – Course in Principles of Economics, Kuwait University
1992 – Iraqi Bar Association