Fiona Robertson is a Senior Associate in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice in Dubai. Fiona is also a member of the Education, Sports and Events Management, Projects, Rail and Hotels & Leisure sector groups.
Fiona is a senior lawyer with nearly 25 years of experience advising on the legal aspects of the media, creative, technology, sports and entertainment industries.
She has extensive experience advising clients across numerous media industries including broadcasters, producers, animators, musicians, web designers, franchises, brand agencies, sponsors, sports administrators, film funds, advertising agencies, media buyers, event organisers, financiers, studios, record companies and publishing companies, galleries, booking agencies, talent managers, TVC creators, publishers, writers, designers and artists of all kinds.
Fiona has worked across all aspects of corporate and commercial work associated with the media and technology industries.
- Legal counsel for locally produced films “On Borrowed Time”, “Rashid and Ragab”, “Scales”, “A to B” and “City of Life”. Legal Counsel assisting on local aspects of international productions “Mission Impossible IV”, “Switch”, “Star Trek”, “Star Wars”.
- Worked with numerous local producers on content in all genres – shorts, documentary and fiction – covering finance aspects, practical production issues and through to distribution.
- Regular provision of advice for marketing and promotional campaigns across various media including influencer issues, multi platform branded long form content and multi jurisdictional giveaways.
- Advises producers regarding all legal and regulatory aspects associated with production of international television programs in the region.
- Provision of advice and documentation relating to the establishment of numerous on-line/e-commerce websites in the region.
1991 – Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, University of New South Wales
1988 – Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide
1992 – High Court of Australia
1991 – Supreme Court of New South Wales