Christina Sochacki is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Dubai. Christina is also a member of the Healthcare Practice Group. She has extensive knowledge of the legal, regulatory, and practical environment in which healthcare business operate in the region.
Christina is a United States qualified lawyer who formerly practiced as an Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse, worked on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., and co-founded an innovative technology company. Christina combines her legal, business, public policy, and scientific experience to provide clients with practical and actionable advice and strategies tailored to each client’s objectives.
Christina has advised medical device suppliers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and other healthcare facilities on corporate, commercial, and regulatory aspects relating to business operations in the UAE, establishing a presence or restructuring existing arrangements in the region, and cross-jurisdictional matters throughout the Middle East.
Christina regularly presents at various seminars and conferences and contributes to publications on a range of legal and regulatory healthcare matters.
- Acting for a number of private equity funds and holding companies with UAE healthcare portfolios.
- Drafting hospital policies in compliance with the Dubai Health Authority, Dubai Healthcare City, and Health Authority – Abu Dhabi.
- Advising healthcare facilities regarding various regulatory matters, including: the importation of unregistered medicines; medical record retention requirements; research study and disclosure requirements; and healthcare facility audits.
- Drafting materials transfer agreements, provider to provider consultation agreements, and healthcare facility management services agreements.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on legislative compliance, legal screens, and “bonus” payment laws in the UAE.
- Advising international pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, and cosmetic brands on product registration and assisting with the completion of the same in the UAE.
2011 – Juris Doctor, George Washington University School of Law
2014 – District of Columbia Bar Association
2012 – Florida Bar Association
2006 – Registered Nurse, Washington D.C.