Arif Mawany is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Oman. Arif is also a member of the Projects group.
Arif advises companies across a range of sectors including the insurance, healthcare, telecoms, leisure and oil & gas sectors and previously worked in New York and London law firms.
He has extensive experience advising on IPOs, M&A, private equity and corporate finance and has worked with a wide variety of financial institutions, private equity investors and companies based in the USA, UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Far East.
- A European healthcare provider on a $50m joint venture relating to a hospital in Oman;
- Anglo American plc on the disposal of mines in Oman;
- Salam Air on shareholder joint venture and corporate governance arrangements;
- GCC investors on the acquisition of a strategic stake in an Omani listed company; and
- A multinational beverage manufacturing company on competition law and the corporate restructuring of its Omani business.
2004 – LPC (distinction), College of Law
2001 – LLB Laws, University College London
2006 – England & Wales