Andrew Balfe is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate practice.
Andrew advises on all types of real estate matters, including retail and commercial leasing, freehold acquisitions and disposals, residential and commercial developments and complex due diligence matters.
Andrew’s clients include government and institutional bodies, listed corporations and listed property trusts, national development companies, international and national franchisors and international resources companies. Andrew has also acted on real estate aspects of numerous corporate acquisitions and administration matters.
In 2014, Andrew was seconded to Mubadala Development Company PJSC in Abu Dhabi within the in-house real estate legal team, advising on various development and leasing matters within the UAE. Andrew joined Al Tamimi & Company in April 2016 after having worked for an international law firm in Australia since 2006.
- A UAE developer in relation to various matters in connection with a new retail mall development, including advising on titling and registration issues and preparing and negotiating lease agreements with the centre’s anchor tenants.
- A large investment manager in connection with its joint venture for the development of employee accommodation projects in Dubai and negotiating numerous documents, including a musataha agreement, development management agreement, leasing and facilities management agreements.
- Various UAE developers in connection with strata scheme structuring for residential and mixed use developments and preparing jointly owned property documentation, unit sale and purchase agreements and associated documentation in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- A business aviation services operator in relation to the development of new facilities within the UAE.
- Advising on various UAE development projects including a new hospital and an adventure tourism project.
2006 – Bachelor of Law (Hons), Deakin University
2006 – Bachelor of Commerce, Deakin University
2007 – Solicitor in the High Court of Australia