Amna is an Associate in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications team in Dubai.
Amna has a background of working on large scale government transactions, as well as with tech startups in a top tier firm in Sydney. She has also worked on matters for some of the world’s largest tech companies, e-commerce operators and luxury fashion retailers.
Amna has advised a range of clients in the e-commerce space, as well as international and local clients on various matters such as telecommunications regulations, privacy, data protection and compliance with local content and advertising laws. Amna has spent time on secondment to one of the UAE’s largest media and entertainment companies.
- Advising a US technology company on privacy regulations in relation to telecommunication services, including restrictions on unsolicited marketing communications;
- Advising an international e-commerce provider on laws and regulations specific to social media including UAE Cyber Crimes Law;
- Advising one of the world’s largest tech companies on enforceability of electronic transactions;
- Advising a high end luxury fashion retailer on UAE Data Protection law and privacy regulations;
- Drafting agreements for the set up of a new government technology platform;
- Drafting agreements for film crew in relation to the production of a large scale regional film;
- Advising an international NGO on advertising and marketing laws for fundraising in the UAE;
- Advising one of the largest social media platforms on local content and advertising laws;
- Advising an Indian bank on compliance with DIFC Data Protection law and drafting data processing policy;
- Drafting usage terms and conditions for an e-commerce provider based in Abu Dhabi;
- Advising one of the world’s largest delivery and supply chain companies on the compliance of its operations and terms and conditions with UAE law.
2013 – Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
2014 – Supreme Court of New South Wales