Adam Wolstenholme is a Senior Associate in the Regional Financial Crime practice in Dubai.
Adam is a UK qualified barrister who recently joined the firm having worked for the past five years at the Criminal Bar in London. During his time in private practice, he specialised in fraud and extradition matters, appearing for both the Crown and the defence. He has extensive experience in complex very high cost cases and has acted as Junior alone successfully at all levels of the English Criminal Courts, save for the Supreme Court.
Prior to his joining Al Tamimi, Adam had been seconded to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) assisting with the prosecution of complex fraud matters. He was also instructed as independent counsel for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs on a multi-million dollar carbon trading fraud.
Since joining the Regional Financial Crime practice, Adam has quickly amassed a wealth of experience relating to financial crime in the region, economic sanctions and boycott matters and has bolstered his knowledge of global extradition procedures.
- Pre-litigation advice on a billion dollar fraud to multinational company involving mutual judicial cooperation, bribery and disclosure;
- Advising international financial institution on their disclosure obligations following a request from a US Judicial Authority;
- Regulatory prosecution of investment banker who had employed a complex serious of transactions in the furtherance of a front-running fraud;
- Advising a high-net worth individual on a Capital Market investigation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Advising on the effects of the Iran deal for a European company with a branch in the UAE who wished to establish an entity in Iran;
- Successful representation of a requested national before the High Court in London preventing his extradition on the complex point of law in regards to specialty and merged sentences.
2010 – E.MA, European Inter-University Centre
2009 – LLB (Hons), University of Kent and Universidad de Deusto
2011 – General Council of the Bar of England & Wales