Abdullah Masud is a banking and finance associate at Al Tamimi and Company in the Kuwait office.
Abdullah’s focus includes project finance, structured finance, investment banking and derivatives, including tailoring and advising on ISDA schedules and syndicated loan agreements. Abdullah also has a keen interest in Islamic finance, having studied Shariá law in a formal setting for several years.
- Advised Commercial Bank of Kuwait, as Lead Arranger, in a syndicated loan financing transaction for Mohammed Al-Kharafi & Sons with respect to a major contract with the Amiri Diwan valued at KD 365 Million (US$ 1.2 Billion) regarding New Jahra Hospital in Kuwait;
- Advised National Bank of Kuwait on a US$ 200 Million financing (included both credit instruments and cash facilities) of submersible oil pumping stations for Al Khorayef Group Company with respect to Kuwait Oil Company;
- Advised National Bank of Kuwait on a Sharia compliant (Murabaha) facility of USD $300 Million on behalf in financing strategic investment funds seeking to acquire leasing assets in the United States.
- Advised NBK Capital Mezzanine Fund in financing a USD $22,875,000 acquisition of a large Kuwaiti bakery and goods conglomerate and the subsequent novation of the borrower to a DIFC special purpose company.
- Advised several Kuwait banks on the structuring, drafting and negotiating of legal documentation related to derivatives transactions (ISDA, Shari’a compliant hedging documentation, repurchase, securities lending, and ancillary agreements).
- Rasameel Structured Finance Company, K.S.C.C. in the offshore securitization of asset backed automobile lease contracts in a Sharia compliant (Wakala) basis.
- Advised Warba Bank in its US$250 million sukuk issuance.
- Advised Boubyan Bank in its US$250 million sukuk issuance (recognized as “Debt & Equity Deal of the Year 2016” by the International Financial Law Review).
2011 – LLB, The George Washington University of Law School
2013 – State Bar of New York
2012 – Commonwealth of Massachusetts