Wajd Najjar is an associate in the Corporate Structuring Department in Dubai.
Wajd attained both her undergraduate law degree and a Masters in International Corporate Law from the University of Leeds, UK, and is a member of the Jordanian Bar Association. Prior to joining Al-Tamimi & Co., Wajd worked with Obeidat & Freihat Attorneys and Counsellors at Law, a Tier- One, and one of Jordan’s leading law firms.
Her experience included advising corporate clients on a wide range of Jordanian laws, including the commercial law, companies’ law, competition law, baking law and employment law. She further assisted in the preparation of transaction documents pertaining to the merger and acquisition of high-level clientele in Jordan. She was also more recently involved in the registration, implementation, and operation of the very first renewable energy projects in Jordan, as well as the high-level acquisition of a bank.
- Assisted in the registration of the first Renewable Energy Company in Jordan, this involved the registration of various companies, the attainment of all required licenses, the prepared all due diligence documentation pertaining to the lending entity, as well as the operation of the company.
- Ongoing advice to International Finance Banks relating to their investment in corporate entities in Jordan, this entailed advising on the corporate structure of the respective companies as well as the execution of securities enforceable within and outside of Jordan.
- Advising on the restructuring and registration of a Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply and Chain Company in Jordan
- Preparation of all requisite due diligence documenting required for a high-level acquisition of a bank. The included the review of the bank’s structure, the preparation of requisite documentation, and the implementation of the acquisition in various departments, including the central bank and the stock exchange.
- Involvement in the acquisition and subsequent restructuring of a Pharmaceutical Company in Jordan.
- Ongoing advice pertaining to the onshore and offshore registration of companies, including the preparation of institutional documentation, as well as respective corporate documents.
2012 – Masters in International Corporate Law LLM (Hons), University of Leeds
2011 – Bachelors of Law LLB (Hons), University of Leeds
2015 – Jordanian Bar Association