Sebastian has particular expertise on residential and commercial developments, with a focus on large mixed used and residential strata developments. He provides advice on the effective structuring of such developments and the subsequent drafting of the ancillary documentation required to give effect to the desired structure and eventual on-sale of developed lots to third parties. Sebastian also assists client’s in relation to the acquisition and disposal of residential and commercial properties, including undertaking comprehensive due diligence enquiries when required.
Sebastian joined Al Tamimi & Company in 2018, after having practiced at an international law firm in Brisbane.
- Advising Abu Dhabi National Hotels in respect of its acquisition of five Dubai based landmark hotels from Emaar Properties, which included advice on matters pertaining to jointly owned property.
- Advising an international client in relation to the acquisition of eight real estate sites (one school and seven nurseries), all subject to long-term leases, including associated due diligence on all eight sites (assisted from submission of offer up to and including completion of the transaction).
- Advising Emaar Malls in the preparation and negotiation of a long term management agreement and any ancillary documents between Emaar and Time Out Market for the initial development and subsequent operation/management of a high-end restaurant food court using the “Time Out Market” brand.
- Acting for a foreign company in relation to AED 106m sale and partial leaseback of commercial office premises in Dubai.
- Advising King Abdullah Financial District (KAFD) in conceptualising the titles and management scheme for KAFD, including consideration of all component parts of the Master Community including saleable and leasable areas, public facilities, concession arrangements, and operational aspects, management of common areas, cost recovery and titling and registration issues.
- Advising Gulf Building & Construction (SAE) (subsidiary of Al Rayyan Investment Co) on its Al Jazi Gardens project in New Cairo, a large mixed use development consisting of 506 exclusive residences, retail space and unique facilities and with the residences and clubhouse operated by Marriott under the JW Marriott brand.
- Acting for a UAE developer in relation to the leasing of the commercial offices and retail space in its development.
- Acting for various parties in respect to their acquisition and disposal of commercial, residential and industrial premises, both tenanted and vacant, including the preparation and subsequent negotiation of the relevant agreements to document the transaction.
- Assisting UAE investment manager in its due diligence enquiries for its proposed acquisition of a large portfolio of leased residential and commercial properties in Dubai.
2012 – Bachelor of Laws, Griffith University
2012 – Bachelor of International Business, Griffith University
2013 – Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland