Sarah Hasnani is a senior lawyer within the Corporate Commercial Department at Al Tamimi. She is currently involved in advising clients on legal issues of a corporate and commercial nature including mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings. Sarah advises on matters for Dubai entities, and also for the various free-zones including the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
During her time with Al Tamimi, she has completed secondments with Credit Suisse, advising them on anti-money laundering compliance issues, Dubai Properties Group, a leading property developer, and IDEMIA, the second largest global provider of security and identity solutions. She has worked as Legal Counsel with the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, Government of Dubai from 2016 to mid-2018.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi’s DIFC office in 2010, Sarah trained at the First Court of Appeals in Texas. Sarah also gained tremendous international law experience working at the office of Mayor Bloomberg in Manhattan, New York, where she was at the Commission for the United Nations, Consular Corps and Protocol.
- Dubai Malls Group PJSC on their listing of its Shares on the Dubai Financial Markets, IPO value of USD 1.6 billion.
- Al Habtoor Group, expected IPO value of USD 650 million.
- The Coca-Cola Corporation in a cross border acquisition of Aujan Industries Company in ten jurisdictions. The transaction value was USD 980 million.
- Empower in the acquisition of Palm Utilities, the transaction value was USD 500 million.
- Buyers and Sellers in M&A transactions in various industries, including education, healthcare, logistics, food and beverage, retail, etc.
- Advising regional high net worth individuals and family businesses on family business restructuring matters and trust structures under DIFC and UAE laws.
2010 – Doctorate of Jurisprudence, South Texas College of Law
2007 – Bachelor of Arts in Government, University of Texas
Texas Bar Association