Before re-joining the firm in 2018, Sarah was Legal Counsel for the Government of Dubai, Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing.
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Corporate Commercial Department. She has wide experience advising on a range of international commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings. She has considerable experience in advising her clients on cross-border M&A transactions across many industries. Her involvement includes a hands-on approach regarding due diligence as well as share purchase agreements and shareholders’ agreements.
Sarah also advises on equity capital markets transactions in the region, with particular experience in IPOs.
During her time with the firm, she acted as Regional Legal Manager (for Middle East, Africa, Pakistan and Turkey) for IDEMIA, a French multinational company, the second largest global provider in security and national identity solutions.
Prior to joining the firm in 2010, Sarah trained at the First Court of Appeals in Texas and worked at the office of Mayor Bloomberg in New York City, where she was at the Commission for the United Nations, Consular Corps and Protocol.
- Dubai Malls Group PJSC on their listing of its shares on the Dubai Financial Markets, IPO value of USD 1.6 billion.
- Aster DM Healthcare in relation to its listing on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Securities Exchange in India, including complex cross-border restructuring across the GCC.
- The Coca-Cola Corporation in a cross border acquisition of Aujan Industries Company in ten jurisdictions. The transaction value was USD 980 million.
- Empower in the acquisition of Palm Utilities, the transaction value was USD 500 million.
- Buyers and Sellers in M&A transactions in various industries, including education, healthcare, logistics, food and beverage, retail, etc.
- Advising regional high net worth individuals and family businesses on family business restructuring matters and trust structures under DIFC and UAE laws.
- “The M&A Environment in the Arabian Gulf” in the Global Mergers & Acquisitions Guide 2016 (an ALM Publication)
- “Issues Affecting Mergers and Acquisitions in Arabian Gulf” in the Chinese Business Law Journal, September 2015
2010 – Doctorate of Jurisprudence, South Texas College of Law
2007 – Bachelor of Arts in Government, University of Texas
Texas Bar Association