Rob’s practice focuses on negotiating and drafting various commercial agreements including franchise, distribution, non-solicitation, non-disclosure, service, commission, cooperation, LOIs, MOU’s, consultancy and joint venture agreements. In particular, Rob regularly advises both principals and agents on the impact of local laws, particularly the UAE Commercial Agency Law.
He undertook his training with a regional solicitors firm in his native Wales and qualified into their litigation department, where he managed and assisted in a number of private and commercial contentious matters on behalf of high net worth clients including individuals, partnerships and limited liability companies.
In September 2012, he moved to Dubai and practiced with a local firm in the Corporate Commercial department, before joining Al Tamimi & Company in June 2015, as part of our Commercial Advisory team.
- Assisting in the drafting and negotiation of a multi-jurisdictional cross border distribution agreement on behalf of a large US pharmaceutical company.
- Advising on and negotiating supply and concession agreements on behalf of a global US audio corporation with local UAE megastores.
- Providing local law assistance including drafting and reviewing various commercial agreement for American multinational energy corporation.
- Assisting a Swiss multinational pharmaceutical company with local UAE law advice on a variety of commercial agreements but predominantly focused on distribution.
- Providing local law assistance including drafting, negotiating and reviewing various commercial agreement for multinational Scandinavian furniture store.
- Providing local UAE law advice and reviewing standard form master franchise agreements for multiband Australian based F&B owner and franchisor.
2008 – Legal Practice Course, The College of Law
2008 – LLB (Hons), The College of Law
2004 – BA (Hons) Business Accounting & Finance and Business Law, University of Wales
2011 – Solicitor if the Senior Court of England & Wales